Foreword: Android is becoming more and more popular for its openness. The open feature allows any mobile terminal manufacturers to join the Android alliance. Significant openness can make its have more developers and with the increasingly richen users and applications. However, the most fundamental and indispensable function of mobile phone is to make calls. There are many contacts stored in the phone, and we often send greetings to these people. If we accidentally lost the contacts in our phone, how can we restore contacts from Android phone? Don't worry, this article will show you how to recover deleted contacts from Android mobile phone.
Note: For iPhone users, please don't hesitate to go to another page to learn how to restore deleted contacts on iPhone.
As you know, the memory of a mobile phone is growing much that users are used to storing hundreds of thousands of contacts in their phones. But is it really safe to save data in the mobile phone? The answer is certainly no. Contacts you stored in your Android phone can be lost due to various reasons. For example, one you lost your mobile phone, or accidentally deleted the contacts, or mistakenly format your phone, or any other unexpected cases, all can make contacts lost from your mobile phone.
Many Android users feel depressed when their contacts have been deleted or lost without making any backup in advance. That's why it is highly recommended to backup contacts on Android regularly. What if you don't have a backup? Is there any solution to restore all deleted contacts back? Yes, simply read on.
Part 1: How to Restore Deleted Contacts on Android with Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android
Yes, of course you can retrieve all lost contacts by using a reliable Android contact recovery tool. Contacts, as well as text messages, are stored in the internal flash memory of a cell phone. When you delete contacts from Android, they were not really erased, but only marked as useless and could be overwritten by new data. Therefore, stop using the phone after losing contacts and pick up the professional Android Contact Recovery - Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android (for Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista) or Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android (Mac) to restore deleted contacts from Android, as well as text messages, call logs, photos and other files.
Core features of Android Contact Recovery - Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android:
- Deeply scan Android file storage system and recover lost data instantly.
- Support to recover deleted files from Android SD card, Android internal flash memory and SIM card.
- Not only contacts, but also SMS, videos, music, photos, call history, audios, documents, etc. can be recovered easily.
- Not only recover deleted data from Android device, but also preview and backup files from Android phone.
- Widely compatible with almost all Android phones & tablets from Android 2.0 or up, including but not limited to Samsung, Huawei, Sony, HTC, LG, Motorola, ZTE, etc. (The latest Samsung Galaxy S10/S10+/S10e, Samsung Galaxy Note 9/Note 9 Plus, HUAWEI Mate X/Mate 20, HTC U11+/U11, LG G7/G6+, etc. are supported.)
- Learn more >>
User Guide: Get the right version of the software downloaded and installed on your Mac or Windows computer. In the following, we will set Windows version as an example. If you are using a Mac, you can launch the Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android for Mac and perform the same operations as below:
Steps to how to recover lost contacts on Android with Ease
After you installed the software on your computer successfully, you can launch the installed recovery software on your computer and get the toolbox like below. Please click "Android Recovery" from the toolbox to access Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android.
Step 1. Connect Android phone to computer.
Use a data cable to link your Android phone from which you lost the contacts to the computer directly. Next, we need to enable USB debugging on the connected phone. The activated USB debugging is used for synchronizing data between your phone and computer. If you have already opened the USB debugging, you can move to the next step.
Step 2. Scan for the lost contacts on your Android phone.
When the USB debugging mode has been enabled successfully for you Android phone, click "Allow" on your phone to allow the program authorization when the request pops up. Then, please choose "Select All", the launched program will automatically detect files on your phone, including the SD card inside of your phone, and scan them deeply. When the scan finishes, all the contained files in your phone will be displayed in clear categories.
Step 4. Preview and recover the target files selectively
With the button of "Only display the deleted item(s)", Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android provides you with two preview modes to help you find your wanted contacts quickly and accurately. Preview the scanned out contacts one by one and check those you need to recover. Then, you can click on the "Recover" button, customize an output location and the program will start the recovery process for your Android mobile phone immediately.
After a few seconds when the recovery is done, you can turn to the output location and check the recovered contacts. Is it amazing? No any quality loss or data error happens on the recovered data. Just download the versatile program to explore more.
Please watch the video to learn more details on how to recover deleted contacts from Android phone memory below.
Part 2: How to Recover Deleted Contacts from Android with Coolmuster Android SMS + Contacts Recovery
Here is another Coolmuster software called Coolmuster Android SMS + Contacts Recovery (with its Mac version), which can be also used to recover deleted and lost Android phone contacts. Not only contacts, but also text messages in your Android phone can be recovered by this software. It is 100% secure to use and hassle freely. All the recovered contacts and messages can be saved on your computer as HTML or XML format without any quality loss, and you can easily read or print the contact list of text messages from your Android device. It also provides free trial version for you to have a look at the deleted contacts on your Android handset:
Have a look at how to use the Coolmuster Android SMS + Contacts Recovery tool:
1. Launch the installed Coolmuster Android SMS + Contacts Recovery on your computer after you downloaded it.
2. Pick up a USB cable to connect your Android mobile phone to the same computer.
3. The recovery tool detects the Android phone and display all recoverable file types on the left panel.
4. Click "Contacts" category on the left and preview all existing and lost contacts on the right.
5. Tick off the contacts you want back and click the "Recover" button.
Watch the video below to learn more details on how to retrieve deleted contacts on Android step by step.
Part 3: How to Retrieve Deleted Phone Numbers on Android via Gmail
Gmail allows you to sync and restore contacts on your Android device. As long as you have synced your contacts with your Google account before you get lost of your contacts, Gmail can quickly restore your lost contacts for you by restoring the contact backup from Gmail. Please be noted that Gmail can only help you retrieve deleted contacts from Android 30 days after you deleted contacts. Follow the guide below to retrieve lost contacts from your Android mobile phones.
Steps on how to recover contacts from google account on Android
1. Visit contacts.google.com on your computer.
2. Go to the upper left corner of the page, click "Gmail" and choose "Contacts" from the drop-down menu.
3. Then in the left panel of the interface, you can see the contact list, click on "More" > "Restore contacts. ".
4. After that, a pop-up menu will appear on the screen. On this menu, you can select a time and restore your contact to any state within the past 30 days. Then click "Restore" button to begin the contacts recovery process.
5. Once your lost contacts on Android are recovered successfully, you can re-sync your Google account on your Android phone right away to get the lost contacts back to your Android phone.